Monday, April 8, 2013

Meanwhile, I Started Working Out

Meanwhile, the same afternoon that I met with Dr. Gage, Leah from Gold's Gym Express called...

It had been awhile since I'd been to the gym and they were wondering if I still lived in the area...

Ummmmm.   Yeah, it had been awhile.  Since May 2012.  In my embarrassment, I made an appointment to meet with her the next afternoon.  It was just the push I needed to get my rear back into a regular exercise routine.

I've been no stranger to exercise.  I don't love it but I also don't love my hips.  I've always had to work out to keep my legs and rear trim(mer).  Well, for the last several years, no amount of exercise helped with my weight loss.  I'd tried everything - yoga, Pilates, Zumba, Cross-Fit, walking, strength training - you name it, I've tried it.  But all in vain.  In fact, I did a cross-fit program for nine months at a local gym and gained 13 pounds!  And don't go thinking it was all muscle - it was pure weight gain. (BTW, I really hate when people would tell me that.  You don't gain 13 lbs. of muscle burning 500-700 calories per workout session)

Anyway, the next morning, I gathered my workout clothes and shoes and packed my gym bag in anticipation of my training session that afternoon.  I met with the trainer and in my excitement, I bought and paid for 48 training sessions.  Yes.  48 sessions.

From that day forward (for the next two weeks, anyway) I went to the gym everyday except for Sundays.  Austin (my trainer), was just as determined as I was to get me slim and trim.  I caught the workout bug.  I met a new friend and we exercised together.  I lost two pounds.  I was feeling stronger.  I didn't feel guilty about laying on the couch when I got home.

In addition to my renewed resolve to get fit, I had a glimmer of hope from Dr. Gage that I could feel better too.  Little did I know how that appointment on February 12th would change everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment